The future Elizabeth G. Means Medical Pavilion (EGMMP) will be located inside the Gateway Mall. The center is conveniently situated near a bustling bus transfer station and less than three miles away from UF & Shands Jacksonville hospital and Proton Beam facility.
Over 100,000 square feet has been dedicated to up fitting medical/dental suites, an imaging and outpatient surgical operating room, a fitness center for physical therapy, a pharmacy, a medical supply retailer, a bookstore and satellite offices for social services at the pavilion. Additional plans provide for an indoor play zone for children and a common waiting area.
The EGMMP offers a holistic approach to health services, linking those who suffer disproportionately from diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, cancer, asthma and other chronic illnesses, with clinical care, research and education to effectively manage conditions.
War on Poverty-Florida is working with the owners of Gateway Town Center to convert a sizeable portion of the mall into the EGMMP medical complex.
Key Partners and Stakeholders:
1. Agape Community Development Corporation
2. Agape Health Clinic Network
3. Duval County Health Department
4. University of Florida & Shands Hospital
5. Jacksonville Urban Development Institute (JUDI)
6. Florida A & M University – Pharmacy
7. University of North Florida Brooks College of Health
8. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida*
9. Healthy Start Coalition
10. Gateway Economic Development LLC
11. Dr. John Montgomery
12. Health Planning Council